Friday, November 2, 2007

Talk to Me

I just saw this dvd. Don Cheadle does a great job. Chiwetel Ejiofor is awesome too. Very interesting story. Howard Stern mentioned Petey Green a few times on his show. I was interesting to learn about this Petey Green fellow. I had no idea that he was a convict that went on to be a famous disc jockey. I think it is great that a man can pull himself up by his bootstraps and turn his life around. Part of me does not like the idea of appealing to the lowest common denominator, especially in a community that seems to have lots of trouble, but I guess it is based on a true story. I liked the movie though. Dewey Hughes was an interesting character too. Raised in the projects, yet completely adapting and being successful in the white man's world is very impressive. Especially with his brother in prison, man a story of just his life would be cooler and more interesting I think. Learning all he could from the Tonight Show and Johnny Carson.

No gag reel, get serious. Like they did not fuck up during the filming. Gag reels should be mandatory on all dvds, bastards!

No comments: