Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hitman

I have played pretty much all of the Hitman games in the series and enjoyed them. I was looking forward to this movie until I learned that Agent 47 was going to have a love interest. I mean the guy is a ruthless killer, how is hollywood going to make that make sense without changing the character drastically.

They did a pretty good job with it. One of the lines, I will paraphrase here, was really nice, something like, be quiet or I will put you back in the trunk. And of course there is a dead body in the trunk that he took her out of. So, it was real to the character, a ruthless cold blooded killer.

There were some pretty good visuals that pointed back to the game. I wish they would've done more of that kind of thing. But all in all, for a relatively obscure video game character like Agent 47 to be made into a film, it was good.

It is impossible for me to think of this movie in an unbiased way. I have no idea how someone would view this movie if they had not spent hours with the character during a video game.

No comments: