Saturday, May 15, 2010

Robin Hood

Good lord! What a crappy movie. Supposedly, from what I understand, Robin stole from the rich and gave to the poor. In this movie, he steals from the church and gives to rich people. Pretty lame.

Maybe it is the "true" story, I don't know. All I know is that I was hoping to see some stealing and lootin,' but no. This movie made me think that Hollywood is so bourgeoisie that they cannot stomach making a hero about stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

Maybe they are planning on Robin Hood 2, because this movie was kind of the prequel and explains why Mr. Hood does what he does. Oh, well.

Max Von Sydow was amazing, his death scene was incredible, and pretty much everything he did was great, with that great voice of his. William Hurt is always great. I think Cate Blanchett did well, but some of the stuff her character did were strange, like fighting, going into battle, etc., but that isn't her fault.

Russel Crowe did well, but unless their is a Robin Hood 2, with fun stealing and looting, what a lame movie choice for him.

No comments: