Sunday, May 23, 2010

MacGruber

This movie is based on an SNL skit where MacGruber attempts to disarm a bomb with common household items, but doesn't and it explodes. Based on the McGyver series from the boob tube.

So, they make a whole movie about this skit. They do the whole thing pretty blue with tons of swearing and sexual humor. The theater I went to was pretty empty, but there was someone there with their kid. I would never take a kid to this movie. But you would never know that from watching the skit or the commercials that the movie was going to be so full of vulgar humor. Of course the rated R rating might give you a clue. Don't get me wrong, I love vulgar humor, so I didn't have any problem with it. Just thought it was them reaching.

Great people in the movie, Will Forte, Val Kilmer, Kristen Wiig, etc. I definitely laughed here and there and there was some decent action, so I liked it. Probably the best SNL movie to come out in a while.

No comments: