Monday, October 22, 2007

Mr. Bean's Holiday

I wanted to take my nephews to a movie while visiting them in San Jose. There was a real lack of kid's movies in the theaters. We could have gone to the re-release of the Nightmare before X-mas in 3D, but they were not having it. For some reason they both wanted to see the Bean movie. I had gone to one of these Bean movies previously and did not really enjoy it much, so I was not looking forward to this one.

It certainly wasn't a great movie, but we were the only ones in the theater showing this movie, so that was a plus. My nephews and I could talk, and we had some fun during the movie. Quin mentioned that it was a movie within a movie. Mr. Bean wins a trip to Cannes in a raffle, but he also wins a Sony video camera. Talk about product placement, Bean uses this camera throughout the entire movie. It was a pretty cool idea though and they did a good job implementing the whole thing in the end.

Surprisingly there were some good actors in this movie: Wilem Dafoe, and some other guy, I don't remember his name right now, but I like him. It ended on a sort of surreal musical extravaganza. I am kind of interested in this movies' soundtrack now. There were some interesting songs in it. Overall this movie was an enjoyable experience for my nephews and I. Good times.

No comments: