Saturday, September 5, 2015

Ricki and The Flash

Ok, I did not really want to see this, but it was very hot and my wife and I wanted to stay cool, so we went to this movie.

It ended up being an ok movie.  Meryl Streep does well as someone who wants to pursue her dream.  Rick Springfield is interesting as an old rocker guy.  Kevin Kline was good.  I think the only part I did not like was the daughter character.  She was supposed to be depressed because her husband left her, but they mainly showed her depression with bad makeup and clothing.  Mamie Gummer is her name, had to look it up.  She just kind of used these deadpan expressions.  I don't know.

But it all kind of came together at the end with the wedding scene, and Ricki and The Flash playing a song, and with Ricki's speech about the only gift she has is her music.  Made me tear up.  Waaah.

One thought I had about it was that maybe Meryl Streep's character should've been gay, had kids and was living this lie of a life, but was actually a gay musician, so she pursued that and left her old life behind.  I dunno.

No comments: