Sunday, August 2, 2015

Vacation

I have seen the previous Vacation movies starring Chevy Chase and Beverly DeAngelo.  They were funny parts here and there.  This rebooting of this franchise was decent.  I would say that I probably laughed more at this new one, than at the older versions.

Ed Helms is very funny as Clark Griswald's grown son.  Chevy Chase's cameo was fun.  Charlie Day (Always Sunny) needs to be in more movies.  He is just a great comedic actor.  Steele Steebins did a great job as Kevin Griswald.  His character was very funny.  Skyler Gisondo was good too.  I think they did a better job than the original with the child characters.

I think that too much of this film was revealed in the trailers, but I still got some quality laughs from it.  Specifically, Chris Hemsworth's work was funny, the scenes with the strange car were very funny, especially when the driver's seat turned around.

No comments: