Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nebraska

My mom was from Nebraska.  Sidney, Nebraska, a small town in the Southwest corner of the state.  If you wanted to fly there you would fly to Denver, then rent a car a drive Northeast to Nebraska.  I've been there a few times.  The last time was when my grandfather Louis Bert Neuman died.  I think that was 1989.  So that is mostly why I went to this movie.  And Will Forte in a serious role was interesting.  I really liked the mother in this movie, she reminded me of my mom.  Being "honest" often means just saying what's on your mind, which goes against the idea of if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing.  It also reminded me of my mother as she was losing her memory I would often just go along with her ideas because it was too exhausting to correct her.

No comments: