Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Predators

I was a little hesitant to go to this movie, thinking, "what if I get scarred?" I think I was kind of associating "Predators" with "Aliens," since lately they have been linked. Aliens scare to crap out of me. I actually saw the original in the theater, I think one holiday with my brother and uncle, maybe even my dad went. I think I saw it at the Parkway mall theater. Not the one that is there now, but the one that was there previously before the remodel. I saw the Blues Brothers there too.

But I digress.

Predators was a decent action/science fiction flick. Adrien Brody does his best gravely voiced action hero impression for the entire film. A new kind of role for him. I think he pulled it off. Topher Grace was the other out of place face. I would not expect to see him in a movie like this. His character reveals himself later as a serial killer, which was kind of interesting.

Pretty cool idea, instead of the predators coming to earth to hunt, they capture hardcore prey and have them dropped off at a game preserve for hunting. I liked the movie, didn't see enough in the previews and commercials to ruin it for me, so it was still a little fresh. They do reveal in the previews the idea of a game preserve, which they probably should have kept that detail back.

No comments: