Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

This is one of those movies that I went to when I was in Palm Desert for work. I did not know anything about it, it was starting about 10 minutes after I got to the theater, so I bought a ticket.

It is a Danish movie with subtitles. There were some bizarre violent sexual scenes in it: anal rape, forced oral copulation, etc.

The story revolved around an investigative reporter that gets sent to prison for libeling a powerful business man. But before this reporter guy gets sent to prison, he gets hired to investigate the disappearance of a wealthy uncle's niece. Investigative reporter guy ends up solving a serial killer case while finding this guy's niece, but he does all this with the help of the girl with the dragon tattoo. This chick is a "hacker" that works "unconventionally" for a firm that investigates people. I think it is the same firm that assisted in hiring reporter dude for the job of finding rich uncle's niece. Let's just say the story is a bit convoluted.

Dragon tattoo girl has a troubled past and is now some bisexual chick. I guess she is seeing a social worker or parole agent of some kind, and this guy is a scum bag and he is the anal raper and forced oral copulation dude. He makes tattoo chick do sexual things for him or he will reveal to the world her dark and violent past. Dragon chick gets revenge on him though, and eventually she starts working with investigative reporter dude, who is like a saint I guess.

Long story short it all gets worked out, they catch the serial killer, find the niece, etc.

A very memorable movie and I think I saw in the previews that this is like a series and there is another movie involving this Dragon Tattoo character.

No comments: