Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek

Do not get me wrong, I love Star Wars, and its whole prequel series. It is great that they came up with that idea for some movies and went through with it. I only mention it because I think that those prequels probably greased the wheels for the Star Trek prequel.

I really pretty much disliked the first Star Trek movie. But the Wrath of Khan was a very decent movie. I cannot say that I have seen all the later Star Trek movies from the Next Generation group, but I have seen all the old ones.

This new Star Trek movie was great. It used all the things I like about science fiction movies, time travel and great special effects. There was a real specific enemy with a real specific story. I think that is what I did not like about the first movie. The enemy was a nebulous cloud, which lead to a nebulous plot, etc. If you like Star Trek, you will love this movie.

No comments: