Tuesday, December 15, 2015

In The Heart of The Sea

I was worried when I first saw the trailer for this that it was going to be some type of romantic drama, but it ended up being a pretty decent action movie.  This was about the story that inspired Melville to write Moby Dick.  It starts with Melville interviewing old Thor about his experience.  Very interesting story, similar to Life of Pi, a surviving lost at sea movie.  It just lets you know how alone you are out there in the ocean and that it is easy to get lost.  It also reminded me of the Jaws sequels, where Jaws is actually trying to kill people, and even the movie Orca where a mad killer whale is also trying to kill people, now that I think of it, I think there were sequels made from that Orca movie too.  The other crazy part of this movie, is the canibalism.  I guess that is what you would have to do to survive in such a situation.

No comments: