Saturday, September 21, 2013

Prisoners

This movie starred Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenwhatsits.  Jake plays a cop with a neck tattoo.  I didn't think that was very realistic, and kind of pulled me out of the film.  But other than that it was an interesting film with twists that caught me off guard.  I usually have a hunch about what is going to happen in a movie and was pleasantly surprised to find out my hunch was wrong about this movie. They make you think one character is a bad guy but it turns out he is just a troubled victim.  Interesting.  David Dastmalchian does a great job in this movie.  He plays the troubled victim.  Of course Hugh Jackman's character mistakenly kidnaps someone after his daughter is kidnapped so maybe the theme of the film is mistaken kidnappings.  I enjoyed the rationalization of the actual culprit that they wanted to teach parents that god was bad after their son had died.  Victims being victimized by police and by the parents of the victims.

No comments: