Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Great Happiness Space

I rented this dvd from Netflix the other day. I heard a comedian do a joke where one of the lines was, "I just saw the movie Heat and I want to talk about it." That is the problem with renting movies. All the hype is dead and gone and no one wants to talk about it. Well guess what, now that I have this blog, I am going to talk about the movies I rent. The Happiness Space was a totally cool documentary. It is about this phenomenon in Japan of these clubs that cater to women like geishas cater to men. Half way through you find out something about the patrons of these clubs that is shocking and interesting. A very interesting commentary on Japanese culture and the human condition. I definitely recommend this documentary if you are interested in either.

No comments: